Your browser is outdated!
To ensure you have the best experience and security possible, update your browser. Update now
Experienced in strengthening community-based programs and small businesses through the development and implementation of creative concepts and marketing solutions. Dedicated to collaborative problem solving with a demonstrated ability to develop key coalitions and build relationships with a shared sense of purpose. Strong ability to develop and oversee new programs and projects and improve existing programs through effective project management skills. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills – a team player, focused on results.
The Rosy Co. Photo Booth
Since September 2015
- Manage a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels to attract and convert target groups, including content development and curation, pay-per-click campaigns via Google AdWords, social media marketing, email marketing, website development, as well as the planning and implementation of multiple promotional events. Responsible for regularly evaluating the performance of these marketing initiatives and assessing against stated goals on a quarterly basis.
- Establish strategic relationships and mutually beneficial partnerships with area businesses, organizations, industry colleagues and individual clients within the local community by providing product education, event promotion, and marketing solutions.
- Create e-mail campaigns that coincide with product launches and software and hardware development roadmaps.
- Employ various Adobe Creative Suite products to successfully execute engaging graphic design and photography projects on a regular basis.
- Oversee marketing budget and allocate funds wisely.
- Hire, train, and manage part-time employees.
to August 2015
- Oversaw design and content of owned media, ensuring consistent look and feel of website, blog, and email campaigns.
- Designed and implemented Eloqua and Mailchimp email campaigns in collaboration with fellow marketing team members.
- Measured and tracked website traffic with Google Analytics and employed SEO best practices to optimize website performance. Conveyed performance of site to internal stakeholders monthly.
- Managed graphics and content (CMS management) as site administrator. Tested functionality of website applications, features, links and other site functions to ensure they performed as expected.
- Responsible for coordinating with staff in multiple departments in order to keep company website up-to-date.
Virginia Cooperative Extension/Virginia Tech
to April 2014
- Promoted consumer and institutional awareness of local food and farms throughout the eight-county region of Shenandoah Valley by overseeing the Shenandoah Valley Buy Fresh Buy Local chapter. Worked closely with area farmers, institutions, and food-related businesses to increase local food procurement.
- Developed and implemented marketing and communications plan to increase brand awareness of Shenandoah Valley Buy Fresh Buy Local chapter. Created and regularly updated organization's website and increased social media presence (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Foursquare). Produced website content (i.e. blog posts about area farm and food initiatives, farmer profiles, etc.). Coordinated graphic design projects and printing of Buy Fresh Buy Local collateral material (i.e. bumper stickers, bags, placards, signs, maps).
- Coordinated with businesses to develop promotional events, including chairing the committee for "Food Day in the Shenandoah Valley" 2011 and 2012. Formed project teams of motivated stakeholders (including Friendly City Food Co-op, Clementine, and Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance) and recruited volunteers to plan and advertise local food and farm-related events throughout the region.
- Managed the development of annual Shenandoah Valley Buy Fresh Buy Local guide (a printed directory of over 200 farms, community supported agriculture operations, farmers markets, agri-tourism destinations, restaurants, local food grocers, cooperatives, etc.). Produced the 2011, 2012 and 2013-2014 editions. Responsible for all outreach, content development, fundraising, design, and distribution throughout the region (averaged 35,000 copies printed per edition).
- Initiated and produced the “Creating a Culture of Conservation” video series to share local farmers' efforts to protect water quality and market their agricultural products directly to the public. Responsible for all writing, casting, directing, production, and distribution of this project.
- Coordinated meetings for the Shenandoah Valley Food and Farm Network, a community of producers, businesses, organizations, institutions, and agencies collaborating to strengthen the regional food economy. Provided support for stakeholder projects by organizing educational "field trips" to glean ideas from similar communities in Ohio and New York's Hudson Valley.
- Produced educational and marketing workshops and programming for producers throughout the region, including producer/buyer networking events and the 2012 and 2013 Virginia Farm-to-Table Conference.
- Collected data and organized existing local, state, and national data to leverage support for organization, as well as reports, presentations, external marketing materials, and educational materials for farmers, consumers, and others involved in regional food system and water quality initiatives.
- Engaged regional school nutrition directors and food service personnel to identify opportunities and evaluate supply and demand for Shenandoah Valley food and farm products.
- Helped produce the Virginia Farm-to-Table Plan (http://pubs.ext.vt.edu/content/dam/pubs_ext_vt_edu/CV/cv-3/SPES-27.pdf) by assisting in listening sessions hosted throughout the state and providing food system research and analysis.
Shenandoah Valley Battlefields Foundation (SVBF)
to February 2011
- Responsible for coordinating the full range of activities required to expand and strengthen the nonprofit organization's individual donor fundraising program, including but not limited to developing direct mail solicitations and preparing acknowledgement letters.
- Developed Implementation Plan to help organization achieve fundraising goals for 2011.
- Designed and initiated a “Signature Partners” program that provided marketing opportunities for local businesses while raising funds for the organization.
to September 2010
- Maintained organization’s external-facing website and managed organization's social media presence on Facebook.
- Researched and identified grant opportunities for the organization.
- Evaluated strategies for teaching youth from underserved communities while working at the organization’s summer camp in Harlem.
- Organized and updated organization's donor database.
- Developed and designed collateral, including e-newsletter, flyers, and annual report to share with Urban Dove stakeholders.
- (This Americorps position was a short-term assignment and was completed in its entirety.)
Virginia Natural Resources Leadership Institute
to April 2010
- Selected as a 2009-2010 Fellow for the Virginia Natural Resources Leadership Institute, which allowed in-depth study and focus on organizing stakeholders around effective management, conservation and protection of Virginia’s natural resources.
- Trained in conflict resolution and collaborative problem-solving skills, personal and professional leadership skills, and gained a better understanding of key emerging environmental issues in Virginia.
Congressional Quarterly, Inc. (Now CQ Roll Call)
to May 2010
- Responsible for the management and fulfillment of contracts with a value of $1M for the CQ-Roll Call Group, Inc.
- Managed access to subscription databases for over 10,000 Capitol Hill clients.
- Prepared contracts, invoices, financial terms/conditions, coordinated delivery of products and services and acted as primary client contact for products and services.
- Created searchable database of over 5,000 contracts for reference by multiple departments on company-wide intranet.
- Created and maintained departmental handbook, which was then used to train new departmental employees.
Social Media Strategy Development & Implementation
Implementation of SEO & PPC strategies.
Website Performance Management & Reporting
E-mail Marketing Campaign Design & Implementation (Eloqua, Constant Contact, Mailchimp)
Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, etc.)
Video editing (including Final Cut Pro)
Content management systems (including Sitecore and Wordpress)
Database management systems (i.e. Filemaker Pro).
Microsoft Office Suite
Windows and Mac operating systems.
Basic HTML & CSS.
Motivated to develop community partnerships and engage stakeholders
Advocates positive attitude and solutions-based approaches to conflict
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experienced in organizing stakeholders and collaborative problem solving
Diplomatic and tactful when communicating with stakeholders
Able to troubleshoot equipment and situations patiently and determinedly
Experience in working individually and in teams to research, write, and successfully receive grants to further projects and programs.
Example: Applied individually and was successfully awarded funds for design and development of online database and mobile application of local food and farm destinations
Example: Collaborated with project team to write grant which was awarded $250,000 in funding for programming to increase institutional procurement of local food while reducing nutrients and sediments in local food production on a regional scale
Leadership Institute Fellow (University of Virginia, 2010)
Sitecore Certified Marketer (Sitecore, 2014)
Emotional Intelligence (American Management Association, 2015)